Personal Data Protection Notice for SunMed Velocity (“Notice”)
SunMed Velocity (“SunMed Velocity”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Noticeexplains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that SunMed Velocitymay amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior noticeand willnotify you ofany such amendment via our websiteor by email.
(1) Personal information
Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to SunMed Velocityfor the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
Your personal informationmayinclude your name, NRIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, CCTV/security recordings and location tracking/GPS information.
Source of personal information
- Patient or potential patient/customer: SunMed Velocity collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives (family members, next of kin), agents (e.g. medical tourism agents) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers who send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration formsvia various means, includingonlineandphysical hardcopies at public venues or in our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Independent consultants or potential independent consultants: SunMed Velocity collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from headhunters when you and/or our headhunters send us completed enquiry and/or application formsor curriculum vitaes via various means, includingonlineandphysical hardcopies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Vendor, supplier or service provider: SunMed Velocity collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, when you send us completed enquiry and/or credit application forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies.Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your requestand/orprovideyou with relevant services.
(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers:Your personal information is collected and further processed by SunMed Velocity as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested medical services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to facilitate your medical practice within SunMed Velocity, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultants within SunMed Velocity for purposes of peer review;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical practice;
- to process your credit account application;
- toassess your credit worthiness;
- toadminister and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for service, consignment agreement);
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premisesin a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies;
- to comply with SunMed Velocity’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer and/or device; and
- for SunMed Velocity’s internal recordsmanagement.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from SunMed Velocity, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in SunMed Velocity’semail blasts or you may contact SunMed Velocityat the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3) Disclosure of personal information
Entities within Sunway Group of Companies
Your personal information provided to us may be processedby entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the Sunway Education Groupand Sunway Group of Companies (including related companies, subsidiaries,holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners), especially when you are an employee of any company within the Sunway Education Groupor Sunway Group of Companies.
SunMed Velocitywill ensure that:
- access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements;and
- only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia)as required under law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of apotential, proposed or actualsale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to athird party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit SunMed Velocityto release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers: Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- The Ministry of Health or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having authority or jurisdiction established by the MOHand other relevant government departments or agencies ;
- Relevant accreditation bodies such as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH);
- Our independent consultants and specialists within SunMed Velocity;Third party private healthcare institutions or government healthcare institutions;
- In the case of pre-employment health screenings, to the patient’s employer / prospective employer;
- Thirdparties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf(such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors, conference/event organisers, other advisers, and insurance companies);
- The respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in SunMed Velocity; andLaw enforcement agencies, including the local police.
- Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
- Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applicationstransmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enable features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve youthrough improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- thedate and time you accessed each page on our web site;
- (the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to yourmessage or deliver the requested services.
(5) Right to access and correct personal information
You have theright to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact SunMed Velocity Customer Service Centreor email your enquiry to the contact details in Item 6 below.
(6) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
- you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
you may contact :-
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Noticeand its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Noticeshall prevail.